Are you passionate about engaging with people from diverse cultural backgrounds and providing companionship to people in aged care?
Opportunity to volunteer with an organisation that promotes multiculturalism, access and equity, and social justice.
Volunteers will visit frail aged community members in residential care facilities and participate in social activities with them.
Volunteers will spend one hour with a resident anytime between Monday and Friday.
- Sharing stories
- Reading or listening to a book
- Sharing a hobby, interest or activity
- Having a cuppa and chat
- Taking a walk around the facility
- Watching a TV show with someone
- Other activities agreed by the care recipient and aged care provider staff at the facility
- Working with Children Check
- National Police Check
The organisation can assist the volunteer to complete the application for Working with Children Check and Police Check.
If you are interested in this volunteer position, please complete our expression of interest form leep.ngo/eoi.