Do you have excellent communication and listening skills and would you love to volunteer with an organisation dedicated to beating cancer?
Opportunity to assist cancer patients and their families in navigating the health system with an organisation committed to reducing the impact of cancer on individuals.
Information Service Volunteers are responsible for providing support and information to people affected by cancer and health professionals within Westmead Hospital. This includes linking patients and carers to Cancer Council support services and resources. It’s an incredibly rewarding opportunity to give back to your local community and support those who are in a time of need.
Volunteers will also develop new skills and knowledge through access to training, regular feedback, and mentoring and support from experienced staff.
Flexible shifts are available from Mondays to Fridays from either 8:30am to 12pm or 9:30am to 1:30pm.
- National Police Clearance
- Communication and listening skills
- Desire to help others
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn about CCNSW services and services provided by other organisations
- Understanding of confidentiality
- Familiarity with computers and electronic tablets or a willingness to learn these skills
- Willingness to undergo both a National Criminal History Check and vaccinations as per the Department of Health policy
- Commitment to attend all provided training and debrief sessions, as well as team meetings
If you are interested in this volunteer position, please complete our expression of interest form leep.ngo/eoi.