LiveBetter Telehealth Home Monitoring Services provide ongoing, remote vital signs monitoring for people with chronic health conditions, carers, people with a disability and older community members. The service is simple to use, privacy protected, undertaken in your own home and portable.
What is Telehealth Home Monitoring?
Telehealth is a way of monitoring your vital signs, using easy-to-use technology that we install in your home. The information is securely transmitted to a monitoring centre where a Registered Nurse will assess your results and alert you and a Clinician if any of the readings are outside of the expected range.
What can Telehealth monitor?
- Weight variations
- Blood pressure
- Blood sugar readings
- Oxygen levels
- Heart rate
- Health surveys
- And can provide a variety of educational tools to assist with ongoing self-care strategies.
Problems Telehealth are facing:
- 87% of people over 65 and over have at least 1 of the 8 chronic diseases
- Roughly 40% of “preventable” hospitalisations in 2013-14 were due to chronic disease
- 73% of deaths in 2013 were due to chronic diseases
Their goals are:
- Reduction in admissions and readmissions to hospital
- Enabling patients and carers to remain in their homes via increased clinical and social support
- Improve Health and Quality and Life Outcomes
- Work with sustainable funding that is supported by economies of scale.
There are 8 classifications of chronic disease – however for LiveBetter’s Telehealth they are predominately focusing on:
- Cardiovascular Disease: e.g. Hypertension, Heart Failure
- Diabetes – Type 2 Diabetes
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease – COPD / Emphysema
- Renal Failure
- Scope to focus on indigenous communities – living in regional, rural and remote Australia
Who can access telehealth home monitoring with LiveBetter?
- The service is available to anyone.
- However we are using this as a core service for Home Care Package Recipients – Level 2, 3 & 4 have sufficient funds to support home monitoring.
- We are also seeing some NDIA Customers use their “Core Supports” as a way of funding Telehealth Home Monitoring.
- Telehealth is boundaryless. It can be taken on holidays and as long as they have 4G/3G or NBN reception the transmission of data with work.
Here’s an explainer of the LiveBetter’s Telehealth
For more information about Telehealth, head to LiveBetter’s website
Ben Chiarella, Area Manager Aged & Community Services (Central West & Orana) & Telehealth Lead
Phone 02 6311 2450 or email [email protected]