Opportunity to assist young writers to improve their literacy skills and help them find their voice with an organisation that provides a safe space for young people and supports them in their creative endeavours.
**Programs run during weekdays, and usually during school or work hours (8am-4pm in most cases).** Although we welcome young volunteers, please keep these times in mind when applying.
• Supporting students in small groups to inspire ideas.
• Facilitating 2-6 students each week of a series, building up their work to a completed publication at the end.
• Encouraging students to think creatively and critically.
Volunteers will be supported by professional staff during each workshop to foster the best delivery of workshop content and activities.
Volunteers are expected to attend an interview and orientation session before starting, complete some paperwork and obtain a (free) Working with Children check.
• Working with Children Check
• Patience, kindness and imagination.
• Teaching or writing experience is not essential, but it’s great if you do.
To express interest in this position, please complete the expression of interest form.