Are you passionate about assisting migrants and refugees to settle and feel welcome in Australia, and enjoy social and recreational activities?
Welcome2Sydney project aims to encourage inclusiveness and strengthen a sense of belonging by engaging ambassadors (residents) to engage in community activities to welcome refugees and new migrants in the Blue Mountains and Parramatta LGA’s.
The initiative will help refugees/new arrivals to feel welcome and more connected, establish relationships and boost their self-confidence to access and participate in their community. It will also assist the broader Blue Mountains community to increase their understanding of the humanitarian program and refugee needs.
Ambassadors will organise and facilitate weekend activities for refugees and new migrants to participate in. These can include social, cultural and recreational activities, and free events and programs, across the Blue Mountains and Parramatta LGA’s.
Weekend shifts available.
- Working with Children Check
- National Police Clearance
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of what Blue Mountains LGA has to offer including; where to access free events/programs information including confidence in public transport
- Warm, friendly and welcoming nature
- Genuine interest in learning about different cultures and sharing knowledge with others
To express interest in this position, please complete the expression of interest form.