Accidental Counselling and Communicating with Others
It is a volunteers’ nature to want to lend a helping hand when they can, and often situations arise where a volunteer might be called on for guidance or a listening ear.
But how do you provide support and ensure your own wellbeing when a client, fellow volunteer or friend is dealing with a complicated or difficult situation?
This course is designed to provide you with the confidence to effectively communicate with others, and the tools to provide support and comfort without being drawn into a situation yourself.
You will learn how to:
- Empathise with others, without becoming personally invested in a situation.
- Actively listen to those around you.
- Support someone to come to their own conclusion or solution without providing advice.
- Effectively use positive communication to engage and converse with others.
- Protect yourself and support your own wellbeing.
This training is FREE for all volunteers working or living in Penrith, Hawkesbury, Blue Mountains, Parramatta, Blacktown, and Cumberland Local Government Areas.
Merrylands West, NSW 2160
Email: [email protected]